Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dog Day Afternoon :(


Lucy, the main culprit....






The sun was shining brightly, I was on my way home from work, thinking I would check the garden when I got home.

I drove down the long driveway, which was bursting with life on this hot, bright day. This could only be good for the veggies.

As I neared the house, Lucy, the crazy dog, went into a frenzied tirade, running, jumping, darting this way and that. It is these quick movements that dig deep holes in my tilled soil. This day, however, was not her day.

Zoe, the older, lazy dog slowly raised her head as she lay sunning herself, perhaps disappointed I interrupted her nap, perhaps happy to see me home. Normally, I would assume she was happy to see me and give her a scratch behind the ears. Not this time.



In fact, I sort of wanted to smack her behind the ears, as she lay sunning herself right in my garden, on top of the cabbage and broccoli.

So the dogs are an ongoing issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment