Saturday, May 22, 2010

Radishes

So I said earlier that there would definitely be vegetables on my table this year.

It appears radishes will be the first. I'm guessing another week or so until I can pull the first of the bunch.





That's right, a row of thriving radishes!
(Carrots are beside although barely visible. Carrots take much longer, so plant them with radishes so you know where the row of carrots is!)





These ones are planted in between corn stalks. It's a wise use of space to plant radishes around longer maturing crops such as corn, zucchini or pumpkins. These plants will eventually grow large and need space, but since radishes mature quickly, they will be harvested before the corn stalks are ready. (Note the wire mesh over top to keep the stupid dogs out)












Closeup! One of my other hobbies is photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment